ESPN.com released its first offseason power rankings for 2009 (here). They also put out a nice breakdown of how all the experts voted (here).
The Cowboys are listed at #13, FYI.
And I just have to say, every time ESPN.com posts power rankings (each week during the season, and a few times in the offseason) it attracts more comments than just about anything else on the site. It irritates the heck out of me because everyone has something to say about how their team is ranked way too low, and their rival is ranked way too high. I just want ESPN to write a story called "Don't You People Realize That Our Power Rankings Determine Absolutely NOTHING?!?!" I mean, I think the rankings are fun, and I look at them every week during the season to see how they've changed based on that week's games. But I don't get all bent out of shape when things aren't how I think they should be. Why? Because the Super Bowl winner isn't determined from the opinions of others.
1 comment:
What the Vikings #14!?!?!?!
No way! They should be #1 for sure! They will obviously beat every other team by at least 100 points! We'll show ESPN and their dumb ol' power shmower rankings.
Post a Comment