Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Rankings & whatnot

ESPN's Week 1 Power Rankings were released today. Each Tuesday afternoon the week's rankings are posted, and even though it really means nothing, it's always a very exciting time for me (believe it or not). As time allows, I'll try to post on this blog each week and let you know where the Cowboys are sitting, and I'll likely include whatever random thoughts from the rankings happen to strike me.

Dallas sits at 17 in the final rankings before the season begins. That's a 3-spot fall since the training camp rankings were released a few weeks ago. I don't have any idea what in the Cowboys' preseason looked that bad to the four ESPN voters, but I guess that's how it goes. I'll just say that I think it's a bit ridiculous to think Dallas is in the bottom half of the league. But anywho...

On a SUPER DUPER FUN AND EXCITING note: Yours Truly will be at Invesco Field on October 4 when the Cowboys take on the Broncos. It'll be my first in-person NFL game ever. And it's my two favorite teams, in my favorite sport. I don't know if I could be more excited.

2 comments:

Joel Rohde said...

I have to say I was happy to see the vikings ahead of the pack, but I was unfortunately reminded that the rankings are a sort of joke considering the bears were on top of the pack. I just don't see that being the case. But who am I anyway?

Jake Rohde said...

Well, I think you're a fairly smart guy. But this is also one of those things (in my opinion) that's really REALLY hard to be very accurate on since we haven't seen any regular season football yet... but it's less than 48 hours until we do!!!!