A few weeks ago I tweeted that Mel Kiper (and I could just as easily have said McShay or Mayock) was just a glorified weatherman in that he makes predictions about something no one can possibly know, and his predictions matter very little in the end. I believe that's absolutely true.
I understand NFL draft hype, but I don't really get into it. I don't really care who Dallas is "expected" to pick with their #9 pick tonight, which means no matter who they chose, I probably won't be especially excited. There was a time when I was REALLY into this stuff, but then I discovered that once the draft was over, you still have no idea how your team did. You can guess, and you can listen to Kiper give your team a draft grade, but neither he nor anyone else on the planet really know how well these rookies will perform, and they don't know how soon they'll be able to contribute either. Educated guesses, perhaps. But consider this: of the hundreds of "experts" who have put together mock drafts in preparation for this weekend, not one of them is likely to be right.
That's all. Enjoy the draft (if you're watching it). I'd probably watch it, but I have life group tonight that I'm looking forward to with MUCH greater anticipation.
No comments:
Post a Comment