The Pro Bowl was yesterday. I completely forgot about it. Even if I'd remembered, I wouldn't have watched it. It might be the most meaningless, least entertaining thing in all of sports.
DeAngelo Hall was the game's MVP, and as a prize he won a new Cadillac. Here's what he had to say about it:
"I was just about to buy another SUV, so to come out here and grab one for free, I like that."
This sort of reminds me of when the NBA was in labor negotiations a million years ago and Latrell Sprewell, in an effort to defend the players' desire for more money, commented, "I've got kids I gotta feed."
I, for one, am thrilled that DeAngelo Hall won't have to go into debt to get another vehicle. It's obviously a big need for him. You've got to get around somehow, right? And even though he says he was going to get "another SUV," I'm sure he meant, "I really need a car, since I donated my last one to Goodwill. I think I'll go with something cheap and economical. Especially since I don't make that much money, and it's important to live within your means."
No comments:
Post a Comment