Sunday, December 7, 2008

That sucked

They blew it. They had a win, and they blew it. I feel bad for the 'Boys defense, who played perfectly well enough for a win. The offensive gameplan in the last 9 minutes of the game was silly -- I've never understood why, when there's still most of the 4th quarter remaining, do you start to hold strictly to the run, essentially telling the other team, "we don't mind that you'll get the ball back, we just want to run off two or three minutes first." Why don't you keep playing hard? Trying to score?

Tashard Choice looked great. Against a brutal Pittsburgh defense Choice had over 150 total yards, and he's a rookie! I think the difference ended up being Romo's poor passes and a couple of bad decisions.

Playoff watch: The Falcons lost today to an NFC team, which, even though Dallas lost, gave the Cowboys the tie-breaker over Atlanta. If the playoffs started right now, Dallas would get the 6th spot. I think they need to win at least two of their next three still, though. They look like they could beat the Giants next week at home, and I think Baltimore and Philadelphia (their last two games) are definitely win-able too. They can't start taking anything for granted, though. If they want to be in control of their own destiny in week 17, they need to be winning.

I am really bummed tonight. They should have won.

No comments: