P.S. I can't figure out how ESPN still power-ranks the 'Skins at 26. They've been this bad for WEEKS, and I KNOW that every other team in the league could beat them.
A place where the Dallas Cowboys reign supreme even when they don't. This blog focuses primarily on the author's analysis of the Dallas Cowboys, though the entire NFL is fair game.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Wow
I'm watching the Broncos-Redskins game right now. I'm not sure I've ever seen a team more inept than these Washington Redskins. They've allowed Brandon Marshall to run a deep fly route, twice, COMPLETELY wide open. No one anywhere near him. Marshall has two LONG touchdown catches. They also allowed Eddie Royal to do the same thing on the Broncos' last drive, but Orton misfired and didn't hit him (it would have been a long touchdown too). Ironically, heading into this week Washington is apparently the 1st-ranked pass defense in the league. They certainly don't look like it right now. It kinda makes me excited for the Cowboys-Redskins game next week. If Washington plays at all like this next week, Miles Austin, Roy Williams, Patrick Crayton, Sam Hurd, Kevin Ogletree, and every other wide-out on the team will have a field day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I wonder how they determine the defensive rankings. For instance, was the Redskins' 1st in passing defense because they are so bad that all the teams that play them never throw the ball therefor never score through the air? It makes you wonder eh?
Now my problem is trying to explain how such a bad Redskins team BEAT the 6-2 Broncos. I would argue it had more to do with poor Denver play than with good Washington play.
Post a Comment