A story about the Cowboys' three losses so far this season.
Week 1: Dallas loses to the Jets after Tony Romo makes two huge late 4th-quarter mistakes. The Jets are a good team, and they were also the home team. The Cowboys had a win in the bag and the man who's supposed to be taking the next step in maturity and leadership of this team acted like a rookie. This loss was heartbreaking.
Week 4: Dallas loses to Detroit after leading 27-3 in the 3rd quarter. Again, Romo is the goat, throwing two pick-sixes that put the Lions right back in the game. Before this game, I predicted a Cowboys loss. They had won a very physical, emotional game against Washington just 6 days before, and it felt like a slight letdown game was coming. That being said, once you're ahead 27-3 in the 3rd, there's no excuse for not putting the game away. This loss was annoying.
Week 6: Dallas loses to New England after the Princeton-graduate and former NFL QB who coaches this team pretended he was a Wartburg graduate with no football experience. I can handle games lost by the players much better than I handle games lost by the coach.* This loss was infuriating.
I'll be honest, though. I'm not too down-in-the-dumps today. I'm still convinced Dallas will win this division. For one thing, their schedule in the next couple of months includes games against Seattle, Arizona, St. Louis, Miami, and Washington (whom they've already defeated once). Not to mention Philadelphia and Buffalo, which are both winnable games. This team is not sunk by any stretch of the imagination. If Green Bay played in their division, I wouldn't like their playoff chances, but instead they have the Giants, Redskins and Eagles, and I think Dallas is sittin' pretty.
Also, the Cardinals are in the World Series after smoking the Brewers in Milwaukee last night, so I got over the Cowboys loss quite quickly.
*If you'd like my elaboration on why Jason Garrett is almost the only person to blame for yesterday's loss, I'm happy to provide it.
No comments:
Post a Comment