Monday, November 14, 2011

On Romo

I don't think Tony Romo is Tom Brady, and if you read this blog you'll find that I don't brag about Romo in general. BUT, I do want to point out that in my opinion it is at least dishonest, if not hypocritical, for ESPN pundits to tout their new Total QBR statistic as the most accurate and comprehensive measure of a QB's contribution to his team's success while at the same time talking about Tony Romo as a middle-of-the-pack mistake-maker who's far worse than Ben Roethlisberger and Eli Manning.

The network's self-adored numbers simply say otherwise. On the season, Romo ranks 4th behind only Aaron "and you never thought anyone could be better than Favre" Rodgers, Drew "perennially great and with a Super Bowl under his belt" Brees, and Tom "never breaks a sweat even while breaking records and winning 3 Super Bowls" Brady.

Just sayin'.

No comments: