Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A ludicrous GM

I subscribe to about five different Cowboys-related blogs. I don't read them, but I subscribe to them. What's nice about it is that when Cowboys blog posts show up in my reader, I can scan the titles and move on. By doing this, I learn most of the major things going on, but spend almost no time with the details. Titles of blog posts usually inform me which Cowboys are injured and not expected to play this week, what the general consensus of the experts is regarding the upcoming game, and some of the stories from last week's game. I probably don't read any more than 3-4 Cowboys posts in a given week, even though I scan scores of them.

Anyway, one of the post titles I rolled across yesterday made me stop and roll my eyes. It's terrible. I have not read the post, but the title is enough to make me, a cynical Cowboys fan, even more cynical.

As you probably know, I think the Cowboys owner/GM is really bad at trying to handle both jobs. He involves himself far too much in the operations of the team. He has no football credentials other than being rich enough to own a team.

So imagine my dismay when yesterday I read this headline: "Jerry Jones doesn't rule out moving RT Doug Free to a different position."

WHY DOES JERRY JONES HAVE ANY SAY IN WHICH POSITION DOUG FREE PLAYS?!?!?!

No comments: