Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Beating the Dead Horse

There is absolutely no doubt in the football world that the NFC East is easily the most competitive and most dominant division in the league. I don't need to say anything about it, but I will because that's the division in which my Cowboys play, and I love to watch all the teams in it as well.  If you're looking to argue division supremacy with anyone, consider the following:

The top three teams in the just-released Power Rankings from ESPN this week are the Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles.  The top three teams from a single division!  I feel safe in assuming that that's never happened before.

With the Redskins ranked 15th, the NFC East doesn't have a single team in the bottom half of the rankings.

The NFC East is a combined 10-2 this season, with their only losses coming within the division. Other divisions records:
AFC East 7-5
AFC North 4-7
AFC South 5-6
AFC West 5-7
NFC North 4-8
NFC South 7-5
NFC West 5-7

So there you go.

No comments: