Monday, September 22, 2008

Random stuff

I just now realized that "Valley Ranch" sounds like a very tasty salad dressing.

The NFC East is a combined 10-2, and the two losses are misleading because they came from other NFC East teams.  Peter King pointed out in his Monday Morning Quarterback column on SI.com that Ohio and Missouri are 0-12 through the first three weeks of the season (that includes Cincinatti, Cleveland, Kansas City, and St. Louis). Rough, man.

Dr. Z wrote in  Sports Illustrated a few weeks back of his complete predictions for this NFL season.  He listed the Cowboys as going 10-6 and getting 2nd in the division to Philly.  If he's right, then the 'Boys will go 7-6 the rest of the season.  That's ridiculous.  Also, in looking at the Cowboys schedule, if I were trying to name 6 games they could possibly lose this year, I'd already be wrong about two of them.

At work (the bookstore) we have a FedEx guy named Dave who comes in to drop off our packages every day.  We call him Dave the Wave.  Dave's a Broncos fan, but one of those "fans" who does nothing but rip apart his team every week.  Dave likes to make predictions.  He told me a few weeks ago that Dallas would go 9-7.  Did I mention Dave's often wrong?

So, the Cowboys are my favorite team, the Broncos are second, and if I had to pick a third it'd be the Packers.  None of my favorite teams have lost yet this season except to a team I like even more!

No comments: