A place where the Dallas Cowboys reign supreme even when they don't. This blog focuses primarily on the author's analysis of the Dallas Cowboys, though the entire NFL is fair game.
Monday, January 5, 2009
the commenters
After reading articles on ESPN.com and SI.com, I often end up skimming a few of the comments left by readers at the bottom. I wish I didn't, but I get sucked in. I find it really quite amusing. Everyone who posts on those stories is a trash-talker. No matter what the article is about, the comments are about whose team is better. Everyone's team is "the best in football" and everyone else's is terrible and should fire everyone. It's so dramatic. It's so stupid. No one makes intelligent comments. No one knows how to spell, how to use punctuation, or how to form a simple sentence. There's a really small part of me that wants to post about how stupid everyone is for posting, and how stupid everyone is not just for posting, but for the contents of their posts... but then I realize that I'd be just like them. Just by reading the posts I'm closer than I'm comfortable with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment