In 43 Super Bowls, this will be Arizona's 1st appearance. That's about one appearance every 43 years since the Super Bowl began.
I like the Steelers. I really do. I think that they have an incredible organization that continues to compete every year. I like many of their players. Both Big Ben and Troy Polamalu come to mind. I like that their team is made up of good players who together form a great team. On ESPN radio this morning Colin Cowherd called them the "anti-Cowboys," because their owner is invisible, and they're built around guards and tackles outward, whereas the owner of the Cowboys is extremely visible, and the team is built around egos and individuals rather than a team mentality.
Still, when I don't really care in games like this, I almost always go for the underdog. That's why I'll be cheering for the Arizona Cardinals in a couple of weeks. I like Kurt Warner. I think he's not just a great football player, but a great human being. Also, after watching the Arizona-Philadelphia game on Sunday, I have become convinced that Larry Fitzgerald might be the league's greatest wide receiver. The guy's fantastic. He can catch anything.
Also, no offense to Eagles fans, but I love that Philadelphia lost. I've been listening on the radio and reading on the internet and hearing Eagles fans all over the place talking about why they wanted Baltimore to beat Pittsburgh because they thought that'd be an easier Super Bowl matchup. Now I just have to say, "HA!" Your team's not going to the Super Bowl. Something about counting chickens before they hatch comes to mind...
No comments:
Post a Comment