It's being reported that Brett Favre has decided to retire... again.
We obviously have reason to be skeptical about this, but I just want to say one thing at this point: If it's true and Favre really does retire for good, everyone who was optimistic about the Vikings this year will be disappointed. There is no way that Minnesota can match last year's NFC title game appearance with Tarvaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels at the helm. My prediction would be that they won't even make the playoffs (they certainly won't beat Green Bay for the division championship without Favre, so they'd have to be a wildcard, and that would be quite difficult).
I like the Vikings, but I don't see them having a very successful year without Favre. He was too good, and the so-called backups that Brad Childress laughingly has in place are too bad.
Your thoughts? Am I wrong about Jackson and/or Rosenfels?
2 comments:
I'm still pissed they didn't try to get Kitna. If they had Kitna I'd disagree with you. As things stand now, I think they are doomed.
If they had Kitna I wouldn't be saying such things!
Post a Comment