This week the Cowboys are at St. Louis and are playing in their first "early" game of the year (it starts at noon central time). Dallas is injury depleted, to say the least. However, apparently Tony Romo was practicing lightly the second half of the week and throwing a few passes. Some people are speculating that he might still try to play tomorrow (even though he's supposed to be out for four weeks with a broken pinkie). I don't really have any idea what the likelihood is of him playing, but I frankly don't think it matters. Brad Johnson is a more-than-capable backup QB -- probably one of the more accomplished backups in the league today, though he's also probably the oldest. The other injuries affecting the team might be more influential. Adam Jones has been suspended indefinitely and won't be playing anymore -- which I don't consider to be a huge loss because of his average play thus far, except that with other injuries in the secondary it could have an impact.
Still, given all the adversity, I think Dallas will prevail in this game. They've been playing so poorly lately that I almost think this "crash" with all the injuries and stuff might help motivate them. What I'm most anxious about is to see how the newly acquired receiver Roy Williams will fit with the team's scheme and how offensive coordinator Jason Garrett will use him. I hope T.O. doesn't implode.
Dallas will win this one handily.
No comments:
Post a Comment