Wednesday, October 27, 2010

weird feeling

The Cowboys have always been my favorite football team. I never really had a favorite baseball team (though I've always loved baseball) until I began dating Elizabeth, at which point I became a die-hard St. Louis Cardinals fan. I also cheer for the Broncos and the Rockies (since I live in Denver), and the Vikings and the San Francisco Giants (since other members of my family cheer for those teams).

Neither of the two primary teams I cheer for have ever been awful (since I can remember, that is), but Dallas certainly is this year. A record of 1-5 isn't a so-so season. It's not even a season on track to be 5-11 like a few of the pre-Parcells years earlier in the decade. It's looking like 3-13 might be something to aim for, and that's the kind of record usually reserved for those OTHER teams who are never very good (Detroit, Buffalo, etc.).

So, this is kind of a weird feeling.

No comments: