"Bill Belichick said there is no other quarterback he'd rather have than Tom Brady"
That was an ESPN headline I just read. I don't know about you, but that seems like a pretty stupid story to me coming from the self-proclaimed (and accurately so) "World-Wide Leader in Sports."
I LOVE ESPN (it looks like I was yelling that sentence, but the word "love" is the only part of it that you wouldn't ordinarily expect to be capitalized). I love almost everything they do, but c'mon. Tom Brady is one of only four quarterbacks in the history of the sport to have three Super Bowl rings. He is without a doubt one of the best QBs not just of his era but of all time. His statistics are off the charts, and today he is signing the largest per-year contract any NFL player has ever EVER had. Doesn't the above headline pretty much go without saying? To me it'd be like a headline that reads, "Rahm Emanuel said there is no other president he'd rather have than Barack Obama." What other intriguing top stories do you have, ESPN? Is Sean Payton happy with Drew Brees? PLEASE LET US KNOW!!
Alright, sorry for the sarcasm. I just figured I need to get back into the habit of some regular writing on this blog. The season, after all, has already begun! Expect another post from me within the next 48 hours on some of my beginning-of-the-season thoughts. Thanks for your loyalty (both of you).
No comments:
Post a Comment