I love to listen to Colin Cowherd on ESPN radio. His show is televised on ESPN-U every weekday morning, and since I've started to go to work later in the morning, I often get to watch some of his show (I'd listen to it on the way to work, but my '96 Jetta has LOTS of problems, and one of them is that the radio doesn't work).
Colin, in my opinion, is extremely intelligent and usually knows what he's talking about. Today he was talking about how he's not crazy about the Bears even though they're 2-0. This was in the context of talking about which NFL head coaching jobs would look good to him if he were Jon Gruden or Bill Cowher. He was saying that the Bears job looks good but it isn't. They don't have any top receivers, their quarterback's kind of a diva with a history of interceptions and pouting, their offensive line is weak, and the city itself is a brutal media market, etc. He took a phone call from a guy who asked him why he's so hard on the Bears and Colin told him it's because he doesn't think they're very good. Then the guy on the phone, who sounded a little angry (obviously a big Bears fan) asked, "What would the Bears have to do for you to like them?"
Colin's response made me laugh really hard. With a smirk he said, "They'd have to have the Packers' players!"
That's my whole story. (If you don't listen to Colin, you should.)
No comments:
Post a Comment