Sunday, November 2, 2008

Gettin' whomped (it's a word)

Next week the Cowboys have a MUCH NEEDED bye week. Today they got pretty well steam-rolled by the Giants; a predictable outcome given the fact that New York is, in my opinion at least, the best team in the NFC and possibly the league, and the 'Boys have really bad backup quarterbacks trying to take the place of the injured Tony Romo (pinkie).

So Dallas is headed into the bye week at 5-4. To have a solid shot at a playoff berth they can only lose two more games. They still have all three division opponents to face, and two of them are on the road, and they also have a brutal December 7th meeting in Pittsburgh with the Steelers, whom I believe will be representing the AFC in the Super Bowl. It's going to be a tough road to the playoffs. I'm not giving up yet, but I'm not overly confident.

No comments: