Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving and beyond

Here we go.

After making it to 8-4 (after a fun-to-watch Thanksgiving Day victory over Seattle), the Cowboys will now face the most brutal December schedule in the league (at Pittsburgh, home against the Giants and Ravens, at Philadelphia). I've been saying that going 2-2 through this stretch should get them in the playoffs, but it's shaping up to be even tougher than that. I'd feel more comfortable if they can go 3-1 and get to 11-5. It would have been nice if Tampa Bay, or Carolina, or Atlanta had lost today, but it turns out the Packers all of a sudden can't beat anybody, New Orleans's potent offense isn't THAT potent, and San Diego IS that bad. So here's to hoping the Cowboys keep looking stellar.

In other news, the "who's gonna show up today?" Broncos looked excellent in taking down Brett Favre's Jets. They're gonna end up at 9-7 if they're lucky and still win their division. Weird. Also, there's been all this talk about a New York-New York Super Bowl between the Giants and the Jets, but after today, I would lean more toward the not-so talked about Manning-Manning Super Bowl. That'd be much more of a human interest story to me. But of course, if Eli's in the Big One that means my beloved 'Boys aren't... so I wish him the worst.

No comments: